Experience Your Nation’s Capital With the Foundation for Rural Service Youth Tour
The Foundation for Rural Service (FRS) Youth Tour brings more than 100 high school students from rural communities across the nation to Washington, D.C., for five days to learn about legislative and government processes and the importance of quality broadband connections. NTCA member companies, including your telecommunications provider, sponsor students and chaperones to attend and see our nation’s capital in action.
- Tour famous historical sites and monuments
- Learn what it takes to advance a community through broadband applications
- Meet with Federal Communications Commission and congressional staff
- Experience a special cultural performance
- Build relationships with peers that may last a lifetime
- Develop leadership skills
- Dance the night away with a Youth Tour mixer
- Applicants must be high school students, age 15, 16 or 17 at the time of the tour
- Applicants age 18 or over are ineligible to attend
Use the information below to contact your NTCA member for more information on how to apply.
- Four nights hotel accommodations (two students per room)
- Three meals per day
- Bus transportation to all activities
- Admission to ticketed events
- Special entertainment
- Youth Tour t-shirt
Travel arrangements will be made by HCTC in coordination with the student.
Spaces fill up quickly.
Deadline: March 1, 2023
Applications received after the deadline will not be considered.
To apply, download and complete this packet and return to HCTC, P. O. Box 768, Ingram, TX 78025.
For more information, contact firstname.lastname@example.org