Enter your service address to see if you’re eligible for HCTC’s high-speed fiber Internet.
Start enjoying all your favorite streaming subscriptions with HCTC StreamingSM!
First and foremost, you’ll need a strong Internet connection via HCTC. Here are three easy steps to connect your TV to the Internet and start streaming so you can finally cut your cable.
1. Plug in your streaming device.
Most new Smart TVs are Wi-Fi-enabled, meaning they have a wireless adapter that can detect and connect to your Internet and come with streaming apps already built-in. If you have a Smart TV, you can skip to Step 2.
Don’t have a Smart TV? No problem! Use a Roku Express Streaming Player with HDMI® cable, an Amazon Fire Stick®, Xbox®, or any other device which allows you to convert your existing TV to a Smart TV. They’re super easy to install! After you have plugged in the device, switch your TV to the HDMI input and follow the instructions that appear on the screen. Any of these devices will walk you through an easy step-by-step setup.
2. Connect to the Internet (two options).
The wireless option – connect via your Wi-Fi:
Connecting takes just a few minutes, and this option works best when your TV is in the same room as your router.
Benefits of a wireless connection:
• There are no visible ethernet cables
• You can place your TV anywhere in your home or business as long as the wireless signal is available.
• It’s simple and quick to set up. You’ll simply press a few buttons on your TV remote.
How to connect:
• Hit the Menu button on your TV remote.
• Choose the network settings option, then set up a wireless connection.
• Select the wireless network name for your premise Wi-Fi.
• Type your Wi-Fi password using your remote’s button.
The wired option – plug directly into your router:
Plug your TV directly into your Internet router or modem via an ethernet cable. Your TV will need to be close to your router or modem.
Benefits of a wired connection:
• It’s simple to set up. Just plug it in.
• It provides the most reliable and fastest connection.
How to connect:
• Find the ethernet port on the back of your TV.
• Connect an ethernet cable from your router to your TV port.
• Select menu on your TV remote and then go to network settings.
• Select the option to enable wired Internet.
3. Sign in to streaming apps.
There are two main types of services available: live and “on-demand”. Popular “on-demand” streaming services like Netflix® and Hulu® may come pre-downloaded on your Smart TV or streaming device. With movies and shows available to watch whenever you want, these streaming services are very popular. Live TV streaming services are like cable replacements that air the same channels and have the same commercials, and they are usually far less expensive than cable. Another perk is that contracts are generally month-to-month so you can cancel anytime without penalty.
Do you have other devices in your home that connect to Wi-Fi? Did you know you can stream via your streaming subscriptions there as well?
What are you waiting for? Call us weekdays between 8 AM and 5 PM at 800.292.5457 and schedule your upgrade to our high-speed fiber Internet and start streaming with HCTC Streaming today!
OR, SIGN UP BELOW! Enter your service address to see if you’re eligible for HCTC’s high-speed fiber Internet.
CHECK SERVICE AVAILABILITY IN YOUR AREA