Mesh Unit Lease Terms and Conditions
Thank you for choosing Hill Country Telecommunications, LLC (“HCTC”)! The following is HCTC’s Lease Terms and Conditions regarding your Mesh Unit device (the equipment) from HCTC. Please be sure to read and keep updated on the Mesh Unit Lease Terms and Conditions at www.hctc.net.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
By leasing a Mesh Unit, you affirm that you (Customer) understand and accept these terms and conditions.
1. HCTC agrees to provide, and the Customer agrees to accept the Mesh Unit Lease Terms and Conditions for mesh equipment.
2. The equipment is HCTC’s property. The Customer agrees not to mishandle, abuse, misuse, or improperly store or operate the equipment, and agrees not to use the equipment with incompatible hardware. If the equipment is damaged by the Customer, HCTC may charge the Customer a replacement charge.
3. If the equipment malfunctions due to a manufacturing defect, or from ordinary wear and tear, HCTC will replace or repair the equipment, at its option, without charge, so long as (a) the Customer notifies HCTC that the equipment’s basic operations are not functioning properly, and cooperate with the HCTC representative to evaluate the circumstances; and, (b) the Lease for the equipment is in effect and has not been terminated. If the equipment is broken, damaged, or rendered inoperable for any reason other than a manufacturing defect, the Customer will be responsible for the reasonable replacement cost of the equipment which could be up to the total cost of the equipment.
4. Monthly lease charges will be billed one month in advance on the Customer’s Internet bill and may be prorated for partial months of service.
5. HCTC may change any of the rates or terms and conditions of the Mesh Unit Lease Terms and Conditions. Customer will be notified (30) days in advance of any changes to the rates of the lease unit(s). The lease of the mesh unit is on a month-to-month basis. The notice may be included with the Customer’s monthly bill. The Customer must return the equipment within 30 days of termination notice. If the Customer does not return the equipment within 30 days following such a change in rates, this will constitute agreement to the new rates, terms, or conditions. Price decreases may be made without notice.
6. If the Customer’s HCTC Internet service is terminated, or is subject to termination, for any reason, including but not limited to the Customer’s cancellation of that service or failure to pay, Customer will be obligated to return the equipment and/or pay any replacement charge for the equipment.
7. HCTC, ITS AFFILIATES, AND CONTRACTORS SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, RELIANCE, PUNITIVE OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OR FOR ANY LOST OR IMPUTED PROFITS OR REVENUES OR LOST DATA OR COSTS OF COVER ARISING FROM OR RELATED TO THE MESH UNIT(S) OR THIS AGREEMENT, REGARDLESS OF THE BASIS UNDER WHICH SUCH LIABILITY IS ASSERTED AND REGARDLESS OF WHETHER HCTC HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF ANY SUCH LIABILITY, LOSS OR DAMAGE. THE CUSTOMER’S EXCLUSIVE REMEDY FOR ANY AND ALL CLAIMS OF DAMAGE RELATED TO THE EQUIPMENT, AND/OR FOR ANY AND ALL CLAIMS IN CONNECTION WITH THE TERMS AND CONDITONS OR YOUR RELATIONSHIP WITH HCTC SHALL BE LIMITED TO THE TOTAL RENT PAID OR PAYABLE BY YOU TO HCTC UNDER THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS DURING THE MOST RECENT SIX-MONTH PERIOD PRECEDING THE OCCURRENCE OF THE EVENT GIVING RISE TO THE ALLEGED CLAIM.